Sunday, October 5, 2008

1984 - fourth post


Reflection.

My feelings towards the book is very different from any other book I've read. Many stories that I've read ends with the protagonist of the story victorious, also riding off in the sunset smiling, accomplishing a difficult goal, finding what they want in the end. For George Orwell's 1984, everything was different. In the end the protagonist wasn't riding off in the sunset with a beautiful lady, there was no victory, and Winston sure didn't have a smile on his face. I think that this book dipicts that not everything is perfect, somethings will fall down and eventually break apart. Not everybody can be a winner, not everybody can win against the impossible. This book shows me a new, different side of society in a bad/different set of enviorment in the book. It was a great expirience to read this book and I have a new vision towards rebellion and other perspectives from the book. I believe that this book shows a dark perspective of the outter society, and that not anything could be done perfectly and there will be disappointments and losts.

No comments: