Monday, November 3, 2008

chapters1-3. 5th post


Intro.
This book is full of suspense form the beginning of the book. The first chapter shows us what Voldemort and the Death Eaters are planning to do to Harry. As I was reading through the first chapter I started asking questions such as what will Harry and the Order do to get past Voldemort? Do Harry realize what he is really up against? I hope to find some answers by reading further on into the book. Dramatic Irony is
The next sections mostly tells the readers about the tragedy and the crowd reactions of the Magic World after Dumbledore's death. I got to experience more of Dumbledore's life from head to toe, beyond Harry's. Dumbledore's life was not mentioned in the previous 6 books, so I plan to find more about it later on.
The Dursley's leaving! Something that was unexpected though Harry isn't happy or super excited that the Dursleys were leaving. The Dursleys had feelings too just like Harry and Dudley didn't wanted to leave without him, and he was really thankful for Harry. Harry accepted that warmly and I felt sad that the Dursleys were going away. I think Rowling did a good job changing the reader's emotions and really emphasizing that 'goodbye' moment.

No comments: